Field Notes Pitch Black Memo Book
AN UPDATED CLASSIC
“Pitch Black” Field Notes Memo Book was introduced in 2013, and it quickly became one of their most popular memo books. After a few reprints, They’ve made some upgrades, and they’re now offering a range of Pitch Black books with a variety of options.
Their classic 3-1/2" (89mm) × 5-1/2" (140mm) Pitch Black memo books are available in 3-Packs Ruled paper version now. It is bound with glossy black staples and sturdy covers featuring new, Field Notes-exclusive black/kraft duplex paper from French Paper Co. (see film below). The family also features a new Pitch Black logo discreetly printed on the back.
Pitch Black’s always been considered Field Notes’ more “urbane” offering, a favorite everywhere from the white-collar downtown boardroom to the black-turtleneck uptown studio. The new kraft inside covers add a hint of earthy charm to Pitch Black’s hip professionalism. Or professional hipness, if you prefer. Either way, Pitch Black makes a fashionable home for your best ideas.
2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY
Pitch Black has always been one of their best sellers. Aside from expanding the Pitch Black series to include additional sizes and interior page styles, they’ve also upgraded the look and feel of the books. Perhaps the biggest change is moving the series to custom-duplexed covers. Working with their pals at the French Paper Company in Niles, Michigan, they created a Field Notes-exclusive cover stock made up of “Blacktop” for the outsides and fused it to their standby “Packing Brown Wrap” for the insides. It was a big undertaking, involving lots of steps and the final result is pretty special. For those who dig machines in motion and sweet and messy industrial environments, they present “Cover Story”, a documentary on the whole process.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, III.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster
- Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster
- Corners precisely rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
Learn more about their story here